Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    James

Talking The club, its ethos and its members.

Hi all, I am putting this message up in response to concerns from our members, and recent posts from new members.

This club is first and foremost an enthusiasts club, started by serious enthusiasts for serious enthusiasts. This club has gone from strength to strength in the time it has been running, and has become a friendly, enthusiastic and fast growing community.

Part of the reason for this, is that the admin team and the members are a fun and responsible bunch of people.

To that end, the admin team (and our members) will not tolerate any "chavvy" behaviour, either on this forum or at our meets/events. I have had to ban people from this forum for illegal behaviour (videos of burnouts etc on public roads) and will continue to do so to keep this club free from the idiots that give modified car owners a bad name.

We will not tolerate irresponsible, dangerous or illegal behaviour and anyone displaying this will recieve an instant lifetime ban from this club.

We will delete any threads advertising "cruises" from other sites based around the area. This is mainly because most of our members will never attend these "car park chav fests", and also because the people that attend them and like to do doughnuts in the car parks firing off their flamer kits, are not welcome in this club and never will be.

I, and the admin team, will never condone these "cruises" so please dont bother advertising them on this club. Anyone found joining up here to spam these adverts will be banned.

We want this club to continue to grow and become known for being a well organised, friendly and responsible club. If anyone sees this kind of behaviour happening on the forum or at the meets, please let one of the admin team know.

I am sorry if this sounds very harsh towards the "cruisers" (I understand its a bit of a stereotype) but I think you all know the kind of people that this is aimed at.

Unfortunately for the people out there trying to do legal and safe cruises (and yes there are people ) They are having their reputations tarnished by the idiots. I understand that not all cruise sites may be full of chav idiots, but the harsh reality is that most of them are, and therefore, we do not want any part of them. It says a lot that not one of our events or meets has EVER had even 1 police car turn up, or even show an interest. How many cruise sites can that be said of? If this upsets or alienates people from this site, then I can only apologise, but this is how it is going to be here, and it will be strongly enforced.

To summarise this:

1. Do not post up adverts for cruises, the people that go to them regularly probably already know, and the rest of us dont care.
    2. Do not post up vidoes of you performing illegal driving, I will forward them to the police.
    3. Do not post up threads about how you "wasted" a BMW down the motorway at 150mph. We dont care, but the police I inform might.
    4. Think before you post. Posting stuff that would offend or upset your own mother, will probably upset us too, so dont post it.

Following these simple rules will help to keep this place fun and reduce the chance of our meets / events being flooded by idiots.

On a lighter note, allow me to extend a big thanks to everyone that continues to make the effort to make this club the place it is today. We are still in our infancy, but I think that our members represent the serious enthusiasts among us, that go that extra mile to enjoy modifying cars, without causing trouble to others.

Thanks to all of you
    I look forward to a even better next year

International HJC Rep

Default Re: The club, its ethos and its members.

Yes Sir, your command is me to follow.

Regarding as stated above, we (admins) will ENSURE any unwanted activities that is going to jeopadize the club and fellow members be dealt with.

Please keep this club as healthy as possible by doing your part. Thanks

Club Administrator
    Probably buying bit's for my GTR then shelving them
    Name
    Dave

Nicely put James - heres to 2008

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    jedward

well said jimbo.

p.s please send chavs my way

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Si

Quote Originally Posted by viking
    well said jimbo.

p.s please send chavs my way
    will do big fella :laughing:

HJC Non Paid Member

Here here !

Just because someone happens to own a jap car, doesn't mean they can join clubs on this basis. As you said James, this is an "Enthusiasts" club, and having some beaten up old Sunny with LED washer jets shouldn't entitle them membership, should it ?!!

Looking forward to 2008 with HJC !!

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Vivien

Well said James, Best to set the tone of the club from the outset so people know what we're all about and the place doesnt get flooded with yabbers doing skids on macdonalds trays etc...

Tis' a great friendly club to be a member of and i see nothing but good things for the future

Dave

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Mike

Keep up the good work James etc, and well said

Take it to the track is what I say

Club Administrator
    Probably buying bit's for my GTR then shelving them
    Name
    Dave

just a reminder...

Pease be careful on posting what speeds and any details of roads you have a tear up on, the police monitor the forum's regularly, so take heed people... The last thing we want is someone getting nicked using evidence from here....

Has that ever happened out of interest?

"Driver convicted due to statement posted on web forum"

I wouldnt of thought it would be very strong from a legal standpoint considering how easy it would be to pose as somone else and how saying you did somthing in a text message isnt actually proof you did it.

Not that I'm arguing with the rules, far from it I completly support them and the ethos of the club. Just interested really.

For example I could post saying "I just did 200 mph down the M3", but that isn't proof that I did. Videos are another matter though :P

Thread Information