Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HJC Reps

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    rich

Default Re: HJC Reps

Not telling you how to run the club however have a look in these to threads on sxoc (you dont need to be a paid member to see them)

http://sxoc.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php...rset-amp-Hants
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?25-National-Events

All of those events and meets are organised single handed by myself and dare i say it every single 1 is a success either with the no of cars or the atmosphere at said events.

Yea its what people make it but reps are there for a reason! Give your members more incentive and reason to attend and they will!

After Simply jap we will be having a bbq meet in the new forest maybe clubs can join up and make it a big thing.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    daniel smowton

Quote Originally Posted by al_typeR View Post
    Dan there have been 15 posts on Facebook in the past couple of months and plenty more on instagram. Personally I prefer quality over quantity. I would end up ignoring it if something was posting on social media all the time.

As for meets why does it have to be an admin organising them? The club is by its members for its members. So if someone wants to organise something then fill your boots.

What of course is very ironic is someone posts something and all of a sudden the forum comes to life. Kind of demonstrates my point doesn't it?
    In relation to what you said about social media Al, there have been 15 posts in the last 10 months, that's not enough for a club to expose it's self on social media, 90% of those were shares, you need to add more of your own posts and promote them, my royal navy drifting page and the forces Drift Series page has blown up in the last few weeks due to people sharing the posts that we make, not necessarily sharing but also adding peoples cars up and what we do and so on....

I'm more than happy to help with promoting this club as it was the first I ever joined and loved going to meets with but if you can't accept the help then the club won't get bigger and better

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    alex kershaw

Default HJC Reps

Dan there have been 15 posts on Facebook in the past couple of months and plenty more on instagram. Personally I prefer quality over quantity. I would end up ignoring it if something was posting on social media all the time.

As for meets why does it have to be an admin organising them? The club is by its members for its members. So if someone wants to organise something then fill your boots.

What of course is very ironic is someone posts something and all of a sudden the forum comes to life. Kind of demonstrates my point doesn't it?
    Hardly call this coming to life just because 5 different people posted on one thread , I know it's probably not happens in 6 years but hardly lively on here is it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Club Administrator
    Name
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by kershaw-330s View Post
    Hardly call this coming to life just because 5 different people posted on one thread , I know it's probably not happens in 6 years but hardly lively on here is it.

So I'm guessing you have ignored the other threads and posts that have gone up then?

My point was though if people post others will post in reply if they are interested. If they are not then don't take it to heart as everyone's preferences are different.

I appreciate everyone's input and all of the offers of help. I will talk to Dave about it and who knows maybe some of those offers will be accepted.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    rich

No response to my post?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Marcus

I joined the club nearly 10 years ago (Jesus!), and it was booming! However, that was before Facepage really took off and I think that has a huge amount to do with why it's been so quiet. People don't necessarily need a forum anymore as they get all the info and chat via the posts on social media. it's handy for build threads as it keeps all the posts in one place but for events, queries and one-off posts like "look at my new wheels", Facebook has it covered.

I've been on and off of the forum due to buying non-Jap cars and then always coming back to them and sometimes not having a car at all, but I maintain that a social media presence is vital for the longevity of the club. The reason in part, that I posted up my newest project is because I saw a random car with an HJC sticker on Facebook and it reminded me that the forum existed. I follow the page on FB but haven't seen any posts that I recall in a long time.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    alex kershaw

I've been a member on here for about 6 yrs , the club was a lot my busy back then , I used to see cars with stickers all the time round my way , can't remember the last time I see one now

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Marcus

Also I could be wrong, but having had a quick look at the Facebook page, it appears that it's literally just HJC posts as in, members can't post like they can (for example) on MX5Nutz. Am I missing something? The other groups I follow such as Salisbury Modified are "closed groups" so you have to request to join, but then any member can post what they like? A bit of moderation required but I'm happy to help if it's needed? Despite residing in Wiltshire...

Club Administrator
    Probably buying bit's for my GTR then shelving them
    Name
    Dave

Hi All,

I'll attempt to put some frustrations and answers together in one go. If I've missed anyone, or something specific - please give me a nudge.

Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    How many are there? Who actually runs the club?
    Reps - currently none.
    Haven't been on here in ages and seems very quiet around here!
    It's a change for sure, we had as many as 7 previously running different aspects of the club, and not just meets (moderators, club meets, shows, expenses etc).
    But, as with many people and their many interests, it has been hard to maintain - lots of moving about with some people being very keen "to be involved", but not actualy undertake any real action, so just becoming a voice.

Quote Originally Posted by sx_danny View Post
    I offered a few years ago but nothing so I gave up

I don't recall that Danny - though the offer of posting on Facebook was definately offered.
    I'll repeat something similar to what I would likely have said at the time, and that is (through my own preference), is that Facebook will only be used for advertising meets and events - maybe a few additional pics etc.
    I'm going to state the obvious - it has been slow, but thats due to a lack of meets which is due to a lack of people.
    It's very easy to say "we don't have enough meets", but actually that slowed right down (to a stop for some time) due to the lack of people attending. Viscious circle?

Well im thinking of repping elsewhere and this could of been the place but if there's no helping people no point offering!

Get some details over to Al and or myself, it's certainly not something we are avoiding and any help is appreciated. But with that said there will always be an element of suitability (costs, number of people required, dates etc) which affect people differently.

I like the club but it has been really quiet lately it's a shame

I'd echo that - hands up, I'm no less to blame than anyone else when it comes to posting as much as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Auto s14a View Post
    Me Alan and a few others have been trying to get the club back up and running, we went to japfest, we are going to JDM combe in a few weeks and jap show in July, we are trying but no one else seems interested. As I have said there are five of us that regularly meet up for drives ect.
    And very much appreciated

But yes you five then when others come to meets and stuff the whole scene is quite clicky nobody bothers talking and people just stay in there own group makes people feel uncomfortable , main reason I stoped going to the meets , and I'm not the first person to say it either

You're certainly not the first to say it, I've felt it and people sometimes can't get rid of me for chatting about something I'm more interested than others
    However - we are all adults, just get stuck into a conversation. Not everyone wants to talk - I know a handful of members over the years who were ONLY interested in the drive, and others that were ONLY interested ina static multistory car park meet, and others that were ONLY interested in taking photo's then driving off.

Running the club is Dave and myself.

A club is only ever as good as its members. We had a big turn out for the breakfast club meet we ran. But we can't make people post on the forum. So really it's down to you guys and girls.

Having said that the Facebook and instagram have a reasonable following and seem to attract more interest.
    I'm saying echo again, btu it's true, proven over and over.

I wrote a hole project on here think I had two responses not writing anymore . , then you go to a meet and everyone looks at you like a leppa , I think maybe If the group bothered to be inviting more people mite hang about , seems like the club was just set up for a certain group of friends and it will always stay like that , anyone else will always be an outcast

It's the interest thing again (sorry - another echo), but it's true. Look how my own threads have changed, many of the same people still active on here (trust me - alot more than actually post). But then - when was the last time you replied to some of say - my threads (just an example)?

I agree that to make it more active people need to start posting up more and attending meets!

I do alot of events for sxoc from shows to trackdays and always get a decent no of people / cars at said events.

The key to getting no's at events is by publicicing and pushing on social media with links to the forum etc and also reminding people, a simple meet post on the forum isn't enough.

You guys doing simply jap? I have a big stand there for sxoc maybe we could join up?

The club needs promoting, flyers on cars at shows etc also promote things like paid member discounts on events.

I am guilty of not being on here for a long time but that is partly due to how dead it has been.

Simply Jap is on the cards for HJC, and I know Al has been several times before. Add this to the list when you message Al or myself please
    Al has all of our banners - and I've stock of flyers and stickers ready.

Quote Originally Posted by sx_danny View Post
    I've met pretty much everyone on here, yes everyone is really nice to talk to, but there's nothing going on, I mean a few years ago there would be meets to pubs, the forest, the hill, peoples houses and so on but nothing now unless it's a national show. I did simply jap one year with hjc and it was brilliant then after we went to a pub for food.

Needs more input from mods and definitely more input on social media in the last 12-24 months I've seen about 5 posts from hjc, but sxoc and skyline owners there's posts every 20 mins

I even asked to take over the social media part to try and help the club and got told no, so I then gave up with the club, I then recently came on after about 18 months of not posting and there were about 10 posts on this forum, I've updated my project thread and since then only been one reply to it, does anyone actually read the stuff on here anymore??

That's my little rant over hopefully this club can pick back up, just needs to managed in a different way...

It's good to rant - clears the air Danny.

But if I may, could you clarify a few queries:
    What do you actually want from the club?
    What do you want from meets?
    What do you want from Facebook that the forum doesn't offer?
    Why is Facebook/social media so important that it means the club would loose your interest?

Quote Originally Posted by BenEP3 View Post
    I'm an anti-social programmer without much experience on the car scene and haven't found the club to be unwelcoming if you put a little effort in.
    It was quiet last year but there's been a lot more effort to get things to pick up this year (with a fairly limited response so far). I don't think it's all doom and gloom at the moment.
    Positive feedback all appreciated, but I still agree there is alot of room for improvement.
    No get posting some of your car stuff up.

Not telling you how to run the club however have a look in these to threads on sxoc (you dont need to be a paid member to see them)

http://sxoc.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php...rset-amp-Hants
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?25-National-Events

All of those events and meets are organised single handed by myself and dare i say it every single 1 is a success either with the no of cars or the atmosphere at said events.

Yea its what people make it but reps are there for a reason! Give your members more incentive and reason to attend and they will!

After Simply jap we will be having a bbq meet in the new forest maybe clubs can join up and make it a big thing.
    Appreciate some input, and good looking examples.
    Hope you don't mind a couple of queries (no digging intended - I genuinely am interested to hear from a different perspective)...
    Local authorities aware you are holding a BBQ meet in the area - potentially for a sizable number of people and vehicles?
    Why do you feel you need to be "a rep" to post meets and events?

Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    I joined the club nearly 10 years ago (Jesus!), and it was booming! However, that was before Facepage really took off and I think that has a huge amount to do with why it's been so quiet. People don't necessarily need a forum anymore as they get all the info and chat via the posts on social media. it's handy for build threads as it keeps all the posts in one place but for events, queries and one-off posts like "look at my new wheels", Facebook has it covered.

I've been on and off of the forum due to buying non-Jap cars and then always coming back to them and sometimes not having a car at all, but I maintain that a social media presence is vital for the longevity of the club. The reason in part, that I posted up my newest project is because I saw a random car with an HJC sticker on Facebook and it reminded me that the forum existed. I follow the page on FB but haven't seen any posts that I recall in a long time.
    8.5 years isn't Marcus?
    But hopefully mostly for the better regardless of the **** take.
    Although - now you mention is, I've only just realised I've had my 10th annivsary of the club through various projects, really must finish the garage to finish the GTR.

But I know where you stand - I've had little choice but to move around vehicles over tmie too. I remember just last year arriving at one of the Sunday meets in a van (again), though this was french - oh the ridicall

Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Also I could be wrong, but having had a quick look at the Facebook page, it appears that it's literally just HJC posts as in, members can't post like they can (for example) on MX5Nutz. Am I missing something? The other groups I follow such as Salisbury Modified are "closed groups" so you have to request to join, but then any member can post what they like? A bit of moderation required but I'm happy to help if it's needed? Despite residing in Wiltshire...
    That would be correct - it's an info board, rather than a replacement for the forum. It's alot easier to moderate a single place, and people benefit from the notifications of things that we feel are important - shows, events and the likes.
    Again - it's how we want it to work, though improvements and number of meets etc would improve the number of updates.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    rich

Some areas of the new forest you are permitted to have bbq's however they cannot be directly placed on the grass and not in areas where there is a risk.

I don't feel you "have" to be a rep to organise meets and events but but pointless having reps if they aren't going to do such things.

With events where a members discount can be applied imo a rep is the one that agrees and sets up the event.

All well n good people posting events but it takes a good rep to get numbers etc, not just a quick post "lets meet"

Thread Information