Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HJC Reps

Club Administrator
    Name
    Alan

Default Re: HJC Reps

Running the club is Dave and myself.

A club is only ever as good as its members. We had a big turn out for the breakfast club meet we ran. But we can't make people post on the forum. So really it's down to you guys and girls.

Having said that the Facebook and instagram have a reasonable following and seem to attract more interest.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    alex kershaw

I wrote a hole project on here think I had two responses not writing anymore . , then you go to a meet and everyone looks at you like a leppa , I think maybe If the group bothered to be inviting more people mite hang about , seems like the club was just set up for a certain group of friends and it will always stay like that , anyone else will always be an outcast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Club Administrator
    Name
    Alan

I'm sorry you feel like that. It's certainly not the intention of the club. The club has always been about being like minded people sharing a passion for all things car related. I'm sure you and I have chatted at meets so I'm sorry if that didn't make you feel welcome.

As I said though we cannot make people post. I always try and reply to what people post. But it becomes a vicious circle. People don't post because they don't get a reply and people don't reply because there is nothing to reply to. So to get people replying first they have to see things to reply to.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    rich

I agree that to make it more active people need to start posting up more and attending meets!

I do alot of events for sxoc from shows to trackdays and always get a decent no of people / cars at said events.

The key to getting no's at events is by publicicing and pushing on social media with links to the forum etc and also reminding people, a simple meet post on the forum isn't enough.

You guys doing simply jap? I have a big stand there for sxoc maybe we could join up?

The club needs promoting, flyers on cars at shows etc also promote things like paid member discounts on events.

I am guilty of not being on here for a long time but that is partly due to how dead it has been.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    pete

I try to speak to new people at meets and make a point of it so people don't feel left out, one of our meets a while ago. A member was on there own so made a point of chatting to them since that meet they have been to a couple of shows with us and even been round my house for car days.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    daniel smowton

I've met pretty much everyone on here, yes everyone is really nice to talk to, but there's nothing going on, I mean a few years ago there would be meets to pubs, the forest, the hill, peoples houses and so on but nothing now unless it's a national show. I did simply jap one year with hjc and it was brilliant then after we went to a pub for food.

Needs more input from mods and definitely more input on social media in the last 12-24 months I've seen about 5 posts from hjc, but sxoc and skyline owners there's posts every 20 mins

I even asked to take over the social media part to try and help the club and got told no, so I then gave up with the club, I then recently came on after about 18 months of not posting and there were about 10 posts on this forum, I've updated my project thread and since then only been one reply to it, does anyone actually read the stuff on here anymore??

That's my little rant over hopefully this club can pick back up, just needs to managed in a different way...

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

Club Administrator
    Name
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by sx_danny View Post

Needs more input from mods and definitely more input on social media in the last 12-24 months I've seen about 5 posts from hjc, but sxoc and skyline owners there's posts every 20 mins
    Dan there have been 15 posts on Facebook in the past couple of months and plenty more on instagram. Personally I prefer quality over quantity. I would end up ignoring it if something was posting on social media all the time.

As for meets why does it have to be an admin organising them? The club is by its members for its members. So if someone wants to organise something then fill your boots.

What of course is very ironic is someone posts something and all of a sudden the forum comes to life. Kind of demonstrates my point doesn't it?

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Ben

I'm an anti-social programmer without much experience on the car scene and haven't found the club to be unwelcoming if you put a little effort in.
    It was quiet last year but there's been a lot more effort to get things to pick up this year (with a fairly limited response so far). I don't think it's all doom and gloom at the moment.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    daniel smowton

Ok

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Katey

In fairness it has been quiet but we're trying to get it back to its former glory. I wasn't in hjc when it was bigger but I'd love to see it grow

If people want more going on then you need to help out a bit. If you want a meet, organise one. Post on Facebook and here if you've done something to your car. A clubs only as good as it's members so we all need to do our bit.

JDM combe is just around the corner and wed love to meet more of you as I don't really know anyone ��. We've also got a stand at simply jap if anyone wants to join ��

Thread Information