Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
    Super Moderator
    Name
    Chris

Default Has to be a scam at those prices?

Whilst looking for helmets I came across this website. http://www.heartbeathappiness.com

Checking out the prices they are just so much cheaper than anywhere else surely it must be a scam?

The prices are all about a third or a half of the best prices I can find elsewhere in the UK.

http://www.heartbeathappiness.com/fu...mets-html.html

The website is fairly new, registered 2 years ago to "Subtina Steven" in Alabama.

It also offers free worldwide shipping and 365 day returns!

All too good to be true!!

Also there are no reviews on the website when searching for it on Google. Can't find many search results at all which is strange as there would be if it was really selling helmets that cheaply!

http://www.whois.com/whois/heartbeathappiness.com
    http://www.scamvoid.com/check/heartbeathappiness.com

I know if I paid on a credit card I would get a refund if I lost any money but it just seems so dodgy to me I don't think I can be bothered with the hassle.

Any IT geniuses know other places to look?
    Last edited by NismoGTR; 08-10-2015 at 12:13 AM.

Club Administrator
    Probably buying bit's for my GTR then shelving them
    Name
    Dave

Default Has to be a scam at those prices?

Look at it this way... Using your credit card you're covered - so no loss other than time.
    Things they seem too good to be true - nearly always are.
    As a side note - site security is missing in several key areas - can detail more if needed.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Serena

Default Re: Has to be a scam at those prices?

I noticed that some of them say "meets ece 22-05 and Snell m2010 standards" It doesn't actually say certified. No idea what ECE 22-05 means. You might find they are the 2005 rating, in which case they go out of date at the end of 2015, so wouldn't pass scrutineeering if you did a track day. Snell 2010 should be good until 2020, if that is indeed a certification, not just a statement.
    Last edited by Serenity; 10-10-2015 at 10:50 PM.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Richard Stock

Just decided to try and purchase something on that site and there are a couple of alarming issues.
    Firstly when checking out and entering your credit card information the page is unsecure this means when you have filled out your card info and click pay now your credit card information is unencrypted which is a BIG NO these days for websites.

whooops.jpg

The second one is that in their payment options page it states "We will pays(??what??) full attention to safety issues regarding payments on the Internet. Your bank details are transmitted to our server in encrypted form using SSL (Secure Socket Layer).

Any page where you take credit card information must be secure and should have "the padlock" in the corner of the URL bar. This one does not (see image),

There are a number of ways of taking card payments online, normally you would be taken to a payment gateway which will be hosted by the merchant bank which will be fully secure. On this site there is no mention of the merchant bank and of course the types of payments you can make. Therefore you are providing them an unencrypted credit card number to do what they want with. Not to mention the various spelling mistakes on the site as well as no contact numbers, email addresses or business addresses..

I would steer clear just for saving you the hassle.
    Last edited by Manwithsupra; 10-10-2015 at 11:29 PM.

Super Moderator
    Name
    Chris

Thanks Serena/Richard.

There's too much wrong with that site to even risk it, however much protection you may get paying on card.

I did use their contact page to send a message last week but no reply. Best to say well clear.

Thread Information