Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED
    Name
    Charlotte

Default My roadtrip; ideas?

As it's my 21st birthday this year, me and my best friend have decided to go on a road trip in my civic around the UK for the whole month of September! We have a few places in mind to visit, some being China Town, Snowdonia, possibly Loch Ness (if we go up that far) and possibly stopping for JAE as we'll probably be in the area around the dates, and roads to check out like Evo Triangle, Black Mountain Pass and Woodhead Pass
    But neither of us have done a proper road trip before.
    So I was just wondering if anyone has done any road trips before and has any advice? Or anyone know of any awesome roads in the UK or places they would recommend we check out?
    Thanks

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Adam McCartney

Default Re: My roadtrip; ideas?

A quick Google came up with this gem: http://www.greatestdrivingroads.com/

BANNED
    Name
    Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by Adam111 View Post
    A quick Google came up with this gem: http://www.greatestdrivingroads.com/
    That's a pretty cool site, looks helpful I'll definitely be using that
    Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Name
    Chris

Sounds like a great idea, good luck and hope the weather is kind in September.

Coastal roads will probably be more fun/scenic than inland roads, but will add some big miles to the trip, although with a month to spare you have time!

Top Gear have some ideas here too.

BANNED
    Name
    Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by NismoGTR View Post
    Sounds like a great idea, good luck and hope the weather is kind in September.

Coastal roads will probably be more fun/scenic than inland roads, but will add some big miles to the trip, although with a month to spare you have time!

Top Gear have some ideas here too.
    Thank you!
    Yeah that's it, I'm going to try and stick to as many coastal roads as possible
    Thanks for the link, I've added some more places to the list

HJC Trader
    Name
    Si

Go to the Ring drive through the night and arrive in the morning with the sun rising

What ever you do document it it will be awesome!

BANNED
    Name
    Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by IntegraSi View Post
    Go to the Ring drive through the night and arrive in the morning with the sun rising

What ever you do document it it will be awesome!
    The ring?

I'm hoping the weather will be good enough to do that! Fingers crossed haha
    I definitely will document it, got my cameras ready

BANNED
    Name
    Charlotte

Little update, the road trip was a success!
    My bestfriend had to back out but I decided to go ahead with the trip anyway, although as the cost was originally going to be shared, to save money I decided to be crazy and sleep in the back of my car! Bonus of only being 5'4ft
    The UK has some amazing roads and beautiful scenery. My favourites being Newark (great car scene), Hadrians Wall, Lockerbie (a surprisingly strong car scene!), Glasgow, Loch Lomond, Newcastle, Evo triangle, Cheddar Gorge, St.Ives to St.Just, and Lizard Peninsula.
    So that just leaves the car! It was amazing to say the least! I couldn't think of a better car to have taken my trip in, it definitely made the trip as enjoyable as it was. Over 3,069 miles the car had no mechanical issues at all, only a slow puncture which isn't bad! I always knew the EP3 is known for having good handling but I never expected it to be as good as it is, after pushing it further than I have before on some of the best roads in the UK, the car stuck round corners I didn't think it would!

Here's the video I threw together of some of the pictures and videos for anyone interested
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0vTV95mj_U

Thanks

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Bill

Wow! That looks amazing! They're great little cars aren't they. Although I tried sleeping in mine before with the back seats down and I failed miserably...
    I went with a few mates to Wales last year but sadly we didn't make it quite to the Evo triangle as we were too hungover to leave early enough in the morning 😕
    How was that? Some of the roads in that part of the world are just epic aren't they?
    My little video from our trip is here https://youtu.be/dxyKFB45a_8

BANNED
    Name
    Charlotte

Thanks! They definitely are! Hahah yeah it's not the easiest thing to do but I somehow managed with the seats up
    Yeah pretty much every road in that area has something to it, although I did find they drive fast in Wales! I don't know if that's because I was driving through the night or if that's how it always is haha the Evo Triangle was one my favourite parts of the trip, the roads have everything you want and with the sun setting and the roads clear it was perfect
    Your trip looks cool! I bet it was great fun to go with others

Thread Information