Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    West Sussex
    Name
    Charlotte
    Posts
    111

    Default Bonnet ideas help!?

    Hey
    My bonnet on my EP3 has a few stone chips, other than just buying a new one I was wondering if there were any other options? I've had a couple of suggestions like a bonnet bra, although I'm not too keen on that look, also a bonnet wrap? Has anyone had experience with bonnet wrapping?
    Any ideas would be appreciated
    thanks

  2. #2
    HJC Non Paid Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sat in my recaros
    Name
    jimmy
    Posts
    2,824

    Default Re: Bonnet ideas help!?

    Keep it oem me personaly I would get it sprayed for 150 be the best result

  3. #3
    HJC Non Paid Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    southampton
    Name
    mateusz
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Bonnet ideas help!?

    Could allways wrao the bonnet in black or carbon effect...had it done on my old old civic and did look ok and save me from stone chips lol...but its up to you really...

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    West Sussex
    Name
    Charlotte
    Posts
    111

    Default Re: Bonnet ideas help!?

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRallye View Post
    Keep it oem me personaly I would get it sprayed for 150 be the best result
    I do prefer the look of it as oem, I hadn't looked into getting it sprayed as I thought it would cost too much to be worth it but 150 is decent!

    Quote Originally Posted by em1 coupe lover View Post
    Could allways wrao the bonnet in black or carbon effect...had it done on my old old civic and did look ok and save me from stone chips lol...but its up to you really...
    Yeah the carbon effect was what I was thinking of wrapping it with, but not sure how easy it would be to do, whether I could do it myself or I'd have to get someone to help haha
    Last edited by charlotte_EP3; 21-06-2015 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #5
    HJC Paid Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hayling Island
    Name
    Will Marrs
    Posts
    7,772

    Default Re: Bonnet ideas help!?

    Keep with the stone chips for that, I prefer driving it look?

  6. #6
    HJC Non Paid Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    southampton
    Name
    mateusz
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Bonnet ideas help!?

    If you want to do it yourself you would need someone to help you out...i tried doing bonnet myself and failed wasting a bit of wrap...

  7. #7
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    West Sussex
    Name
    Charlotte
    Posts
    111

    Default Re: Bonnet ideas help!?

    Quote Originally Posted by skyracer View Post
    Keep with the stone chips for that, I prefer driving it look?
    Haha yeah I could do, but they bug me even though I don't see it that often it's one of those I still know it's there things

    Quote Originally Posted by em1 coupe lover View Post
    If you want to do it yourself you would need someone to help you out...i tried doing bonnet myself and failed wasting a bit of wrap...
    Ah right, I would definitely need to then, I'd be the type to keep failing and ending up with not enough wrap!
    Last edited by charlotte_EP3; 22-06-2015 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #8
    HJC Non Paid Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Salisbury
    Name
    Marcus
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: Bonnet ideas help!?

    Personally I would re-spray, bonnet wrapping is ok but I always cringe at vinyl carbon wrap as it never looks like the real thing. If you can get it done for 150, that's the best option IMO.

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    West Sussex
    Name
    Charlotte
    Posts
    111

    Default Re: Bonnet ideas help!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Personally I would re-spray, bonnet wrapping is ok but I always cringe at vinyl carbon wrap as it never looks like the real thing. If you can get it done for 150, that's the best option IMO.
    Good point, I've not seen a car with bonnet wrap up close so I should probably do that before I go ahead and do mine if that's what I go with, but I'm definitely gonna look into getting a re-spray
    thanks

  10. #10
    HJC Non Paid Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Salisbury
    Name
    Marcus
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: Bonnet ideas help!?

    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte_EP3 View Post
    Good point, I've not seen a car with bonnet wrap up close so I should probably do that before I go ahead and do mine if that's what I go with, but I'm definitely gonna look into getting a re-spray
    thanks
    It doesn't look bad but it won't be a carbon bonnet lol

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Logout