Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
    BANNED
    Name
    Charlotte

Default Spare wheel help?

Hey
    Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place or if it's a really silly question but, my spare wheel for my Honda EP3 which came with the car only fits on the rear wheels and doesn't fit the fronts because of the brakes. Is this how it's supposed to be? Or have I got the wrong tyre or something?
    Screenshot_2015-06-05-14-51-37_1.jpg
    ^^this is the same as the spare wheel I have
    thanks

golly gosh posh patrol
    Name
    Ben

Default Re: Spare wheel help?

Your not supposed to fit space savers to the front. If you get a flat on the front you need to swap one of the rears to it and for the spare at the back.

BANNED
    Name
    Charlotte

Ah right, I figured I'd have to swap them around but wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong! Haha
    Is the only reason I can't fit the space saver to the front so it doesn't interfere with the brakes or is there another reason?
    Thanks

Club Administrator
    Name
    Alan

As said it is designed like that. Personally Charlotte I wouldn't use it. They have a "use by" date. Every single on that came in an EP3 is now out of date. Mine went in the shed as soon as I bought the car and I have a can of the tyre foam stuff and a good breakdown policy but never had to use it.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    jimmy

Me personaly I would keep it in your car especially if you have a blow out!! Least it will get you home

BANNED
    Name
    Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by al_typeR View Post
    As said it is designed like that. Personally Charlotte I wouldn't use it. They have a "use by" date. Every single on that came in an EP3 is now out of date. Mine went in the shed as soon as I bought the car and I have a can of the tyre foam stuff and a good breakdown policy but never had to use it.
    Oh really! I didn't know that haha luckily I have only had to use it to drive from one garage down the road to the other!
    Careful not to jinx it about not using the breakdown policy

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRallye View Post
    Me personaly I would keep it in your car especially if you have a blow out!! Least it will get you home
    Yeah that's true, I guess its good to know that you have it with you just in case! Even if it does just get you home I think that's probably all I'll use it for anyway
    Last edited by charlotte_EP3; 06-06-2015 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information