Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
    HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Dan Stubbles

Default RX8 De-Cat Advice

Had a warning light come on the dash, went to the garage and they said it was the CAT and it's on it's way out. Had the light cleared and now it's back again, so I think the CAT is in a bad way. So the garage can fit a new one for me, but for the same money I can get a de-cat exhaust. What's peoples thoughts?

Club Administrator
    Name
    Alan

Default Re: RX8 De-Cat Advice

Isn't the Rotary in the RX-8 a bit sensitive to being de-catted. I am sure I read that they run mega lean on the stock ecu when you do and for a rotary thats a bad place to be.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Si

Default Re: RX8 De-Cat Advice

if you get a de cat exhaust are you willing to have the cat swapped back in every MoT time? also your cat light won't go away with a de-cat exhaust it will be permanently at fault. most modern petrol engines use at least two oxygen/lambda sensors, one pre-cat and one post-cat. the first sensor is used to 'close the loop' for the fuel map, the second one is there to check that the emissions measured after the cat are lower than the first one. by de-catting you will not achieve the lowered emission.

Thread Information