Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HJC Track Days

HJC Paid Member
    Name
    Corey Honess

Default HJC Track Days

Well since trying to organise Goodwood ended up in a ball of flame, loads of people have come to me saying that they would still like to do it and would be grateful if someone (ie me) would sort something out. So basically I need to know what you want!

Last time we had 19 people from the forum who put there names down, with some people willing to bring friends and knowing people from other places, we would have had around 30 people, and I believe this is possible to do again.

I'm in the process of speaking to different tracks and airfields with the possibility of a club day on there track. What is the most you would be willing to pay, how far would you travel, what sort of event you would want to do, and anything else you feel that would contribute. This way I can see what sort of fees and tracks I can look at and try to arrange something that would please everyone.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Bill

Good on you for trying to sort something out.
    Personally, never done a track day before, but was considering going with CTRO guys to Brands Hatch for an open pitlane day session in Feb. Cost 149 for 8.30-4pm.

Would definitely consider an airfield day or something like that but would not want to pay more than about 80-100 for the day. I would consider doing less than a whole day if it was cheaper. The main issue for me would be noise limit. The higher the better, and I am sure lots of others are in the same boat.

Good luck, but basically if I can make it I will be there

HJC Paid Member
    Name
    David Bull

Default Re: HJC Track Days

Yeah. big up corey.

Well up for most things. i would pay around 100-150 quid. and defo the high the noise limit the beter.

Yeah. big up corey.

Well up for most things. i would pay around 100-150 quid. and defo the high the noise limit the beter.
    Last edited by MR2dave; 07-01-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

HJC Paid Member
    Name
    Corey Honess

Ok thanks guys ill have a look at Bands Hatch, I already spoke to them, but ill see how they feel about going forward with it.

BANNED
    Name
    Sean du Plessis

I'm up for this, the new turbo on the audi needs a bit of running in good on you mate

HJC Paid Member
    Name
    Nick

Always sounds good, but as you well know, hard to actually get it from forum to reality.

couple of recommendations from me:

Castle Coombe - Good for track novices
    Bruntingthorpe - Well run, but normally fairly low on the noise limits
    Hullavington - very fast, normally pretty cheap

Shame thruxton doesnt do track days for the public, its a wicked track!

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    russ

colerne airfield near bath used to be cheap and loads of runoff area so nice and safe for novice's.
    also very smooth not been there for a couple of yrs though.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Phil

i'm well up for it as i want to do one this year anyway, would love to do goodwood as went to one there with my dad a few years ago and it was great every one gets there own garage etc, other than that brans hatch would be good ? think it would be good to keep it local ish for getting home if your car gets a boo boo (hope no one will) . good man for trying to sort some thing !

HJC Paid Member
    Name
    Corey Honess

Thanks for the input guys, I'll sort something out in the next few days

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Ben

If my car is ready ill be up for this. Depending when it is. Still a couple handling mods id want ti do first and brakes lol

Thread Information