Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
    HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Hatch

Default Car Limits Activity Day

Carlimits is a club near Harlow on North Weald Airfield. These videos were taken on my lumia Phone because the go pro was playing up. This video was on layout 1 and I was racing against TVR, MX5, BMW, ToyotaGT86, AudiTTs (timed) This was run number 4 more videos will be posted continuing this thread.

I will just say a little about Car Limits!! It was 50 quid for the whole day with 36 cars we did a high speed bend for a few hours at 80 miles an hour no brakes, trying to keep car from not spinning videos of that posted sometime!! then lunch and then two tracks set up with cones this video is one layout!!. I will say its great fun for getting used to your car and will test you and your driving skills, mine have got much better with loads to learn. While this is going on you will be watching others filming chatting with other people its a good day!!! They never asked for driving licence just filled out a form at start of morning quick debrief for about 10-15 mins then straight into it!! If you paid for a passenger then they did not seem bothered if he drove your mates car. very good value. Most people their were Londoners and was a giggle.

It is really testing with the high speed bend I had the driving instructor sat in the car with me on my first attempt. He said hands off the wheel and to place on my lap and used his index finger to steer very minute then my hands back on wheel then tryed to correct car and lost it span and span tyres screeching!! I had about 8 goes with a speed gun pointed at me to get the best time going into the corner. I got one of the fastest at 77 miles an hour without losing the car. The other two times were lower because car was playing up to get into 4th gear so i slowed round corner!!! The other times I cained it got above 80 and lost the car at least 5 times was a complete mindblow to smell tyreburn and be thrown around.

I will advise anybody to have a go its a great day for fifty quid BUT!!!! the not so good things

If you have new car and dont want paint chips not advised!!!

Its not exactly the smoothest airfield in the world on the other layout that I will post when I get videos off my mates phone!!

Leave before 4 oclock because of M25 traffic work mayhem its a right pain getting to M3 unless you like being a snail in your car.

It will test your car!! oh bring a tyre pump because its handy to have for the high speed bend etc, unless you want the wall of your tyres wrecked.

Look on their site and do an activity day it is a laugh and got to be good if their is a group of you good to do it once thats enough really.

Again for me I had problems with my car this time towards the end of the day I had problems with my gearbox could not get in to reverse and found out 5th gear was the same. car had a good runout reverse ok now but cannot get into 5th gear I hope its just a link with gearbox because its seems ok, I just think vibration may have moved something because its an old car and it had a workout.

Bee R rev limiter is now set up and on some videos it will be popping i moved the revs up so it would not hinder my speed different videos show this with the bangs!!! After the day messed with bee r on M25 so I could keep cars away from me OHHH it worked well very very loud like a shotgun going off, on low revs lol.

After all that typing Ive had enough need a break from cars now I was mentally drained yesterday it was intense a day lot of driving. Oh by the way stayed at a travel lodge in harlow 5 or 6 miles from where airfield was 30 quid well cheap because 9am start they got going about 945am.
    Last edited by hatch007; 28-03-2015 at 01:03 PM.

HJC Paid Member
    Name
    Toastie!

Default Re: Car Limits Activity Day

sounds good, give us a heads up if you go again
    gear selection problems could just be one of the clips come off the end of the cable allowing movement in the wrong direction

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Hatch

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Hatch

Track number 2 best time

http://youtu.be/HsnJjSw02ZI
    Last edited by hatch007; 29-03-2015 at 03:42 AM.

Thread Information