Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HJC Track Days

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Serena

Default Re: HJC Track Days

I'm up for this, would pay around 150. I'm sure Rich would be too. The only one I've done in the past was Silverstone which was fantastic, but it's expensive and quite far to travel. Somewhere a little closer would be nice

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Ben

I'm still up for! remindes me I need to get hold of the organisers at odiham and il let you know what they say bud!

HJC Paid Member
    Name
    Corey Honess

Quote Originally Posted by 99mrbe View Post
    I'm still up for! remindes me I need to get hold of the organisers at odiham and il let you know what they say bud!
    Ok mate sounds good

150 seems like the best sort of price really, but it all depends on where about it is.

HJC Paid Member
    Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by 99mrbe View Post
    I've been in touch with Fluff (who runs RAF odiham car club) and has already confirmed that there will be no track days during 2013 and worst case, never again. Long and short of it is that some nobber in daddy's car lost it and wiped out a cluster of runway lights, and from what I gather, has done a runner without paying..... Which hasn't gone down well with the Rank on base. Shame because I really wanted to have a play round there

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Rob

I had my name down for the Goodwood one but pulled out due to lack of job I`m still in the same boat so will keep looking in to see whats been organised and if I get a job, I`ll be in!
    I also have an issue with noise. I could put the cat back in, but not sure how much that will reduce the noise??
    Good work by the way taking the time to get it organised.

HJC Paid Member
    Name
    Corey Honess

Nick - I had a similar reply from them, Ben might have more luck though, as if enough people ask then they might see it as a worth while venture.

Rob - People had to pull out for many reasons, I wouldn't worry about it at all I think putting the cat back on will bring the noise down a bit, are you just running a decat and backbox? Or if its a full system, in which case maybe putting the standard one on for track may be an option? Thats for the recognition, is always nice to see the work appreciated Getting the club doing events like this together will be a great way to make new friends.

As a small update, I am waiting on a reply from MSV, the guys who own and run Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Snetterton, Cadwell Park and Bedford Autodrome. They said they will check prices, location and dates at there tracks and get back to me with a few options that they feel will benefit us most.

golly gosh posh patrol
    Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by choness2004 View Post
    Nick - I had a similar reply from them, Ben might have more luck though, as if enough people ask then they might see it as a worth while venture.

Rob - People had to pull out for many reasons, I wouldn't worry about it at all I think putting the cat back on will bring the noise down a bit, are you just running a decat and backbox? Or if its a full system, in which case maybe putting the standard one on for track may be an option? Thats for the recognition, is always nice to see the work appreciated Getting the club doing events like this together will be a great way to make new friends.

As a small update, I am waiting on a reply from MSV, the guys who own and run Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Snetterton, Cadwell Park and Bedford Autodrome. They said they will check prices, location and dates at there tracks and get back to me with a few options that they feel will benefit us most.
    I recommend talking to the guys at Mazda on Track - very nice people and do some well priced track days.
    Last time I checked they were organising a Brands Harch day but it sells out very quickly! (they aren't limited to Mazda's by the way!)

HJC Paid Member
    Name
    Corey Honess

Ok ill drop them a message thanks

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by nickz32 View Post
    I've been in touch with Fluff (who runs RAF odiham car club) and has already confirmed that there will be no track days during 2013 and worst case, never again. Long and short of it is that some nobber in daddy's car lost it and wiped out a cluster of runway lights, and from what I gather, has done a runner without paying..... Which hasn't gone down well with the Rank on base. Shame because I really wanted to have a play round there
    Your right nick! Gimp in a Porsche sideswiped a load of light and didn't report it and run off!
    The old station commander banned all car track days! But we have a new one now so hopefully! If we raise money towards charity or help for heros or something, he may give the thumbs up!

HJC Paid Member
    Name
    Nick

I'm sure we can come up with something, would really love to do a day there!

Thread Information