Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    if at first you dont succeed, sky diving is not for you!

Default mountain bikers!!!!

anyone fancy a trip to Cwmcarn?

i was there yesterday and deffo going again!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwkZH...ature=youtu.be

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    James

Default Re: mountain bikers!!!!

Not per se, but if you need any bike bits, drop into solent cycles; we'll sort you out with some stuff/servicing!

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Lewis Holmes

Would love to get out for a ride like that, just haven't got the time for this sort of thing anymore

Clarkey - Solent Cycles eyy? Is this the one on West Street next to Kens Fried Chicken or the one down Lee? I need my bike serviced so I can start using it as my 'daily'
    Last edited by LHolmesy; 31-07-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: I'ma Silly Sausage

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    paul waters

Ahhh could kill you that's reminded me of what I'm missing and now want to buy a bike again looks like a good trail though.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    James

Aye, that be our shop, next to kens fried chicken. I am there from Thursday if you're able to get it down to us...

Looks a very flat out trail. Never done Cwmcarn but I know many that have. Reminds me of when I used to be really into that kinda thing!
    Last edited by Clarkey; 31-07-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name

cwmcarn is awesome. it is very much flat out but you can easily go your own speed. i only get in trouble when i try and keep up with the others. back up there on the 18th aug. cant wait

clarkey.......... i already been to your shop for brake pads and a multi tool last thursday. lolsadly the shop doesnt offer anything i cant do myself. and generally parts ive needed are outpriced by online deals. but i do use the shop in emergencies in that "i have to have it now" moments. it would be nice if you were able to sell things like brake pads at competative prices.
    Last edited by socommk23; 31-07-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    James

We do try, but for most things matching online prices is impossible. Often they are less than what we pay trade from our suppliers! I understand entirely though. Before working in the industry I could do everything myself, so didn't need a shop and could get stuff cheaper online, for some people I think they are superfluous!

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name

i used to work at wheels in lee. all that time ago. i was the last guy to work there till phil retired the business.admitedly some of the tech on these new bikes is new. but easy enough if you have the right tools.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    james

Quote Originally Posted by socommk23 View Post
    clarkey.......... i already been to your shop for brake pads and a multi tool last thursday. lolsadly the shop doesnt offer anything i cant do myself. and generally parts ive needed are outpriced by online deals. but i do use the shop in emergencies in that "i have to have it now" moments. it would be nice if you were able to sell things like brake pads at competative prices.
    im the same, i've got a mate who works for wiggle so can get a lot of things super cheap but if i need something small quick then i'll always use solent cycles, i go to the porchester one though as its only 2 minutes down the road from my work, its a shame they're not competative on prices but its good to try and help keep local business going.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Mat

Clarkey I am going to be ordering a bunch of parts in the next couple of days for my bike.

- Avid 280 PM Front Adapter 7.99

- Fox 2013 32 Talas 150 CTD-ADJFIT Black 15QR 1.5T 819 910-90-398

- FSA Orbit 1.5EZS 69.95 141-2041

To replace the front bits on a Trek Remedy 7 ..

If you can sort me some better pricing I will happily buy them off you.

Mat

Thread Information