Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Japfest 2012!

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Dudley Gravestock

Default Re: Japfest 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by trippie View Post
    yep, your the only one with control of your right foot ect
    its so bloody tempting tho,
    Shaun.
    Yeah that's the thing. I don't know the limits of the car, I can throw it at corners a little bit faster and faster each time, and in my head I think this isn't right, I'm going to crash, but it sticks.

On a track I would be so tempted to push the boundaries too far until it would get to the point where it will end in tears. If I got track day tuition, I would be happy that I am knowledgeable of the cars limits and have a greater track awareness which would help out loads and make it less dangerous for everyone else's car, not just mine!

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Shaun stevens

Quote Originally Posted by doodley View Post
    Yeah that's the thing. I don't know the limits of the car, I can throw it at corners a little bit faster and faster each time, and in my head I think this isn't right, I'm going to crash, but it sticks.

On a track I would be so tempted to push the boundaries too far until it would get to the point where it will end in tears. If I got track day tuition, I would be happy that I am knowledgeable of the cars limits and have a greater track awareness which would help out loads and make it less dangerous for everyone else's car, not just mine!
    if your not tracking it this year i will track for you and let you know
    how it goes mate.
    Shaun.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Serena

Rich did it last year, was great fun. I might have a go this year, definitley going to get insurance though if I do!

HJC Non Paid Member

Hi all,

Can I just put my two-pence in.

Most of you know me and that I used to race and now do lots of track days.

If you haven't done any trackdays before DO NOT go on track at Japfest please. (Unless you know and trust each and every other driver in your session)

The driving standards there are very poor with too many hot heads looking to try to condense a whole day's worth of speed and drifting onto a 20 minute session.

I have seen drifts go wrong, people brake too late, idiots dive into corners too fast and undertaking all on the same lap!!!

Go and watch, by all means go on a track day or a (cheaper) airfield day to learn how. I would be happy to show any of you who'd like to learn. Get some training and use that to then go and enjoy.

Sorry to be the sensible old git, but I have seen a lot of silliness at Japfest and most time the damage isn't your fault..... It still hurts and costs you.

That is all - rant over.

Enjoy Japfest!!

Kai

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Dudley Gravestock

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Vaksdal View Post
    Hi all,

If you haven't done any trackdays before DO NOT go on track at Japfest please. (Unless you know and trust each and every other driver in your session)

The driving standards there are very poor with too many hot heads looking to try to condense a whole day's worth of speed and drifting onto a 20 minute session.

I have seen drifts go wrong, people brake too late, idiots dive into corners too fast and undertaking all on the same lap!!!

Go and watch, by all means go on a track day or a (cheaper) airfield day to learn how. I would be happy to show any of you who'd like to learn. Get some training and use that to then go and enjoy.

Sorry to be the sensible old git, but I have seen a lot of silliness at Japfest and most time the damage isn't your fault..... It still hurts and costs you.

That is all - rant over.

Enjoy Japfest!!

Kai
    Wise words I feel. There is always a minority that spoil it for others. I'm just not brave enough without some confidence taught into me!

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    David Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Vaksdal View Post
    Hi all,

That is all - rant over.

Enjoy Japfest!!

Kai
    Very well sad. Would never use Japfest as my first track day. Seen too many crashes or near misses, plus there are minimal run off areas. Much better to start with airfields.

HJC Paid Member
    Name
    Oliver

Thanks for your advice.. Maybe I won't do this one then as tbf I would cry if my accord got damaged.. It wouldn't of been the end of the world with my mx5 but yeh maybe I'll save it for a proper track or airfield day

HJC Non Paid Member

Always happy to organise an HJC airlfield day if there is enough interest......
    Airfield days are about 120 and for that you get all day to learn and enjoy
    Let me know if I can help HJC as a group or any individuals, ok?

Kai

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Dudley Gravestock

There was brief mention and an interest thread towards the end of last year. I think it slowly slipped away and got forgotten though. Feel free to come up with something, PM one of the EO's for assistance if you like.

Club Administrator
    Name
    Alan

Agree totally with what Kai has said. There is one thing though. If we were to get enough of us together for a session then we could book an exclusive session. so it would just be HJC members on the track at that time.

I have done it in the past and as long as everyone is sensible then it is good. But I agree on going out with others. after very nearly getting hit by some chav in a scooby who ran out of talent while trying to overtake in a corner a few yard back I vowed never again unless it was an exclusive session.

Thread Information