Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Nick

Default Re: Another incident at the Ring

^

HJC Paid Member
    Name
    Paul

People are forgetting that it's not a track, it's a toll road

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    People are forgetting that it's not a track, it's a toll road
    Thats true yeah i had forgotten that
    Last edited by PJ; 07-10-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Super Moderator (formerly bananayellow)
    Name
    Duncan

I assume you pay an organisation to use the ring, and with that money they finance things like barriers and safety equipment. Not knowing much about it but it sounds like a track instead of a toll road. Plus you have to go round one way only, surely that means a track.
    It does seem that there is conflicting statements regarding its classification. It seems that its a track mostly but, when someone runs out of talent, its a toll road used by lunatics!
    Maybe privatising it would make sense.
    My two pence, no offence meant to ring regulars.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bananayellow View Post
    I assume you pay an organisation to use the ring, and with that money they finance things like barriers and safety equipment. Not knowing much about it but it sounds like a track instead of a toll road. Plus you have to go round one way only, surely that means a track.
    It does seem that there is conflicting statements regarding its classification. It seems that its a track mostly but, when someone runs out of talent, its a toll road used by lunatics!
    Maybe privatising it would make sense.
    My two pence, no offence meant to ring regulars.
    , im only thinking this in the interest of safety, not a party pooper or anything, i love racing , im all for the nurburgring, just dont agree with people who have no racing sense booting around it

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Stu Neale

Yeah I agree about the experience part. The point made on the site about having to hold some sort of special license is a good idea I reckon or anyone who already holds some form of MSA Race License as well.
    They definitely need to have more marshalls and a lighting system there as well, but it all costs money as the man says.

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    nathaniel

i have done a trip to the ring, did it in my series 1 rs turbo lol it was great fun, i had previously done a few trackdays before hand ... but they will not prepare you for the ring tbh, it is hard to drive and depending on what you drive depends how hard it is i think, wasnt to bad in my little s1 but , people get on a track and imediatley think there jenson button.. i for one did the same and soon snapped out of it after a few fast corners with people over taking.

it is a great place , you learn a lot about how to drive a track from it being as you have 12 miles worth to practice on lol

as pj said it is a toll road not a track - beware of busses !!!

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Stubaru View Post
    @ Rav, no they should not shut it!

If you'd ever been there and experienced it for yourself you'd understand why. It is by far the most unique track in the world and one of the most demanding on both car and driver. You know the risks and what you are getting into when you go on there and that is totally up to you as to whether you take that risk.
    This is the same with ANY form of motorsport or trackday. I personally modded my car for trackdays and have great fun taking it and thrashing it to within an inch of its life (and mine). I know the risks and accept that whatever will be will be.
    Problems arise when people are unaware of their own car's capabilities and their own capabilities as a driver.
    If the unfortunate did happen and someone were to lose their life there, then at the very least they would be doing something they enjoyed. I know that if I were to go, the Ring would be one of two places to go out with a smile on my face.

*Rant over*

Sorry, but I'm quite passionate about trackdays and the Nurburgring. There are very few places we can enjoy our cars to their full potential and closing them will just result in more deaths on the public roads.
    I agree what your saying bud, altho 1 thing i will say, i went last year with a few mates, never been before, thought i was bullet proof, could handle it no problem, how wrong i was, it scared the crap out of me, this changed my attitude quite quickly, the problem however it doesn't do the same to others. My friend crashed and totaled his Supra TT and we had to leave it there. They make it far too easy for anybody to go and have a lap and i think thats the problem, no safety briefs, no training, no steady outlaps, its just take your money and take a chance. (They dont even check if your car is MOT'd, Insured or road legal)

Wouldn't want it to be closed tho, awesome track, great atmosphere and would defiantly go again. Just my opinion tho

Quote Originally Posted by Rushpup View Post
    I agree what your saying bud, altho 1 thing i will say, i went last year with a few mates, never been before, thought i was bullet proof, could handle it no problem, how wrong i was, it scared the crap out of me, this changed my attitude quite quickly, the problem however it doesn't do the same to others. My friend crashed and totaled his Supra TT and we had to leave it there. They make it far too easy for anybody to go and have a lap and i think thats the problem, no safety briefs, no training, no steady outlaps, its just take your money and take a chance. (They dont even check if your car is MOT'd, Insured or road legal)

Wouldn't want it to be closed tho, awesome track, great atmosphere and would defiantly go again. Just my opinion tho
    1 other thing, it costs the earth if you crash, especially if you hit the barrier, you are charged for the repairs to the track, any fluids lost on the tarmac, you have to pay for the recovery and for the wages of the blokes coming to get you off the track. it cost my friend over 900euro's and if he didnt pay the old bill were on there way!
    Last edited by Rushpup; 27-10-2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information