Welcome to the The Hampshire Jap Car Club.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Jay

Yeah Iv still got one really rubbing arch but lookin forward to it Topped up with oil and ready to go!!

HJC Non Paid Member

See you 0630hrs at Chieveley Services then.

Kai

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Jay

Well after a bloody early start were here in one piece, just doin some timed laps now... Kais got the upper hand with a 1.15, his m8 rich has just done a 1.13 in mclevin! I'm around the 1.22's atm but just found out I'm takin the wrong line round just about every corner

breakin for lunch in a mo so I'll get the camera out =D

edit: last lap b4 lunch resulted in big spin off an a cracked splitter... never had so much fun breakin my car
    Last edited by Jaymx5; 17-10-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Sounds fun

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Jay

Well just got home and im freakin knackered! Firstly a big thank you to Bruce for organising a quality day and for inviting us along, thoroughly enjoyed myself Weather was nice and I got to run roofless which was fantastic too! Look forward to the next one lol

Up at 5 to meet Kai at 6.30, got to Kemble (which is only about 15 miles from the Hullavington airfield) bout 8 and tucked into bacon and eggs to get the strength up After the briefing they set up a short course with fast corners and straights with a hairpin at each end, there was a little wait till your next turn but this gave you time to mingle with the other folk, plus the laps were timed which gave a target for the next time. I never got below the 1.20's but Kai sneaked into the 1.12's by lunch which was very impressive... it put a lot of bigger cars in the shade At the same time there was a 0-60 challenge but we didnt fancy puttin our clutches through that

I had an off on my last lap which duffed the splitter but to be honest it was inevitable, and Im glad I done it having fun and not parking badly or sumin daft

By the way all the other pics are on my fone which wont connect to my poota for some reason, sorry there were a lot of people with cameras tho so Im sure pics with surface... ill link them when they do.

After lunch they set up a technical handling course and a fast bend challenge, on the small course I think Kai got into the 0.42's and my best time was 0.47... I was gettin similar times to a couple of R33's which pleased me At half time the groups swapped and we done the fast bend with timing kit in the cars, I got a 89mph round it while I think Kai was about 10mph quicker, top speeds were around 105mph btw which again showed McLevins/Kais ability

Once everyone had taken their turn they set up a mixture of the original short course wand the technical course, I managed a 1:51 (with another spin ) but left shortly after so Im not sure what Kai finished with.

All in all a brilliant day out, thanks for the hot lap Kai and again thanks to Bruce and SO.com for a great day out

HJC Non Paid Member

I'll do a full write up later, but a really good fun day out.

Nice mix of fast and twisty. I finished with second fastest time of the day for the big circuit at 1 minute 33 secs, but there were a few yet to go.

Lots of big power Skylines there, but they couldn't get the power down.....

Thanks again, Bruce. Good to see you Jay.

Kai

So, just to explain a bit better - It was an excellent day out with the Skyline Owner's Club.
    The airfield was split into three areas: 0-60 sprint, fast corners circuit and coned handling circuit.

A lot of the Skylines (plus other cars) were really impressive - big turbos, big boost and big noise. Some obviously were there for the crack - some superb drifting + a few not so great

Jay's MX5, my old Civic and McLevin were more than a little out-horse-powered today, but we held our heads high and scalped some serious, erm, scalps. As somebody once said: power is nothing without control

My biggest problem of the day (apart from having only 190bhp-ish) was trying to get some temperature into the Toyo R888's. As soon as a run was complete (just over a minute run) we were queueing for 10 - 15 minutes and tyres were cold again. No problem with that, as there were a lot of cars, but the tyres never really got up to operating temps.

Still, a great day was had by all. Jay had a lot of fun learning the fine art of power - drift - grip - spin. My old Civic was as impressive as I remember and McLevin held his own against a lot of supposedly "faster" cars.

Next week I'm back to circuits and lots of laps - how are we doing with the list for our November track day?

Cheers All!

KAi
    Last edited by Kai Vaksdal; 17-10-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

HJC Non Paid Member
    Name
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Vaksdal View Post
    Jay had a lot of fun learning the fine art of power - drift - grip - spin.
    Regardless of what was going on at the time it always ended it spin

Super Moderator
    Name
    Chris

Sounds like you both had a good day, nice times Kai.

Shame you came back with some damage Jay but at least you did it having fun.

Thread Information